The quality of overnight accommodations influence the total trip cost. From basic campsites to high end luxury lodges, Uso Africa Safaris can design a trip that includes accommodations that are within your budget and preferred comfort zone. See the photo gallery for images of the accommodation types.
Example: Kichwa Tembo & Lake Nakuru Lodge
Tented camp and/or lodge style with nicely-furnished rooms and a high level of customer service and personal attention. Most facilities include swimming pool, bar, gift shop and similar amenities. Higher-end facilities often have spa and similar options available.
Our vehicles and any sub-hired vehicles undergo certification and full inspection from qualified mechanics and its driver prior to each trip. Unless otherwise requested, all vehicles are 4×4 (e.g., Toyota Land Cruiser) to insure they can handle the rough roads that are common in some wildlife parks. These heavy, sturdy vehicles are specially built for the safari experience, and include a pop-up roof or hatch for better wildlife viewing. Unless requested, we will typically avoid booking vehicles to their full capacity to insure sufficient cargo space and comfort, particularly since some segments of overland travel between Kenya can be lengthy.
- 2-3 sets of nicer casual clothes for dining at lodges, visiting schools, etc
- Pair of long pants suitable for short hikes/walks
- Long pants and long sleeved shirt for cooler nights in some regions
- Shorts / t-shirts are suitable for game drives, poolside at lodges, etc.
- Flip flops/Sandals
- Sneakers / walking shoes for day-to-day, hikes and walks
- Visor or cap
- Bathing suit
- Light rain jacket
- Please avoid bringing “short shorts” or clothing that otherwise might be mis-interpreted or not appropriate in some locations where we visit.
- Day pack
- water bottle (e.g., Nalgene-style)
- Flashlight / Headlamp (power outages occur in Kenya frequently)
- Extra batteries
- Sunscreen (not aerosol cans; airlines will not allow)
- Insect repellant (not aerosol cans; airlines will not allow)
- All personal toiletries
- Photos of family, home, etc. to show others
- U.S. currency dated 2006 or later
- Hand sanitizer
- One extra copy of your passport
- Medications for malaria and any other treatments for which you take medicine/pharmaceuticals
- For “adventure/budget travel:: Towel (or buy a keekoy in Nairobi)
- Camera and memory cards
- Energy snacks (Clif Bars, etc)
- Pocket knife
- Money belt
- Small first aid kit (we will have a larger one)
- Ziplocs or stuff sacks
- Travel pillow
- Voltage converter for 240V
- Extra bag if you plan to do a lot of shopping
- Pepto Bismol
- For AdventureSafari travelers only: Sleep sack or extra sheet
Please do not bring
- Expensive/Flashy personal jewelry
- U.S. currency dated before 2006 which will not be accepted by some vendors
Spending Money for
- Tips for cooks, housekeepers (plan on $5-10 per day)
- Alcohol (Beer/Wine @ Lodges = $4-8+. Mixed drink = $8+)
- Snacks / Extra food (minimal)
- Food while en route between destinations within Kenya
Please start the payment process below by entering your name and clicking on “buy now” which will you take you to a secure PayPal site. If you are unsure about the total amount due, send us an email and we’ll remind you. If you would prefer to pay by another means, contact us and we’ll figure out an alternative.
Terms and Conditions
Uso Africa Safaris offers a variety of services aimed at improving the local economy of the Kenyan region. By engaging us, you agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth below. If you have questions, or if we may be of any service, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Payment / Deposit
A 50% deposit is due at the time of booking with the balance due 60 days prior to the first day of the safari (i.e., your arrival date). Reservations made within 60 days of a safari’s first day must be paid in its entirety at the time of booking.
Our cancellation policy is based on the strict cancellation policies of lodges/accommodations which often require non-refundable deposits well in advance of reserved dates. All cancellations must be received in writing (e.g., email). Cancellations received more than 60 days prior to the first safari day are subject to loss of the deposit. Cancellations received within 60 days are subject to cancellation fees, as follows:
Cancellation received within:
- 30-59 days incurs a fee of the full deposit + 40% of balance
- 16-29 days incurs a fee of the full deposit + 60% of balance
- Less than 16 days incurs a fee of the full deposit + 100% of balance
The price includes all transportation, accommodation, taxes, park/entry fees and meals except when noted otherwise on the itinerary. Prices do not include gratuities (see FAQs), beverages, personal expenses such as laundry, souvenirs/curios, communication charges (e.g., internet, mobile phone usage), airfare to/from Kenya, travel insurance, or passport/visa fees. Any cost due to changes in the itinerary initiated by a traveler after the trip has commenced is the responsibility of the individual traveler.
Changes to Itinerary
Uso Africa Safaris reserves the right to make changes to the itinerary if conditions should require it, such as issues related to safety or client well-being. In addition, Uso Africa Safaris retains the right to decline or accept any person as a member of a tour at any time, including after the safari has begun. This includes instances in which individual may act in a manner that is unsafe or inconsiderate, or which fails to follow the direction of the guide. In such instances, the individual is not guaranteed a refund (full or pro-rated) when the rationale for the decision is due entirely to his/her behavior.
Clients are allowed to bring two pieces of luggage plus a personal item each. If your trip includes any air travel to Kenya, consult with your air carrier to insure your luggage is within their size/weight parameters. Uso Africa Safaris will undertake all reasonable efforts to insure safe storage of your baggage, though the safety of all baggage while on safari is ultimately the responsibility of the client.
Liability and Risk
There are certain inherent risks associated with travel in Kenya that are beyond the control of Uso African Safaris to manage, and clients agree to take these risks willingly and take full responsibility for any of its outcomes or consequences.
Uso Africa Safaris and its affiliates acts only as agents of the safari and shall not be liable for any injury, delay, loss or damage in any manner. All claims/liability is governed by the laws of the country in which the safari occurs and no other country (e.g., the country in which the reservation/bookings were made). All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the actions that resulted in damages arose.
Uso Africa Safaris and its affiliates accepts no liability for damages or costs to person or property associated with acts of God; detention; air or ground travel delays; quarantine; strikes; theft; natural disasters or weather-related events; civil disturbances, terrorism or similar acts of civil unrest; government restrictions or regulations; and/or discrepancies or changes in hotel services or the services of other vendors in which Uso Africa Safaris and its affiliates has no control.
Uso Africa Safaris and its affiliates reserves the right to utilize other vendors or subcontractors for all or part of the tour services, such as accommodations and vehicle hire, and cannot be held liable for any damages to person or property resulting from the provision of services from these vendors and subcontractors.